Dementia care can can be rewarding and taxing … learning some key tips and tactics can help tremendously.
…feeling overwhelmed or stressed?
…having difficulty communicating with the person with dementia?
…not sure how to handle challenging behaviors like wandering?
…concerned about home safety?
A combination of things affect you and your loved one’s caregiving experience. Each can lead to challenging behaviors, difficult situations and frustration. They may include:
- The home environment.
- The personality, situation or condition of the person with dementia.
- The caregiving approach.
Providing the best dementia care for them requires support, knowledge and skills.
If you are struggling to understand why certain behaviors occur and how to deal with them, we can give you the skills you need to limit the behaviors and reduce your stress.
Dementia care help for families
Forever Home offers a research-tested occupational therapy program that benefits caregivers and people with dementia called Skills2Care®.
Program Goals Include
- Improving well-being and skills of caregivers
- Reducing challenging behaviors that often occur with dementia
- Slowing decline in daily function of people with dementia
Program Topics Include
- Understanding dementia
- Reducing challenging behaviors
- Promoting function
- Communicating effectively
- Making the home safer
Skills2Care® helps lessen stress and teaches caregivers ways to care for themselves while providing the best care possible.